My fan belt went out, which was good because it got me to finally fix the radiator. In any event, while I was in there I thought I'd change the coupler. Took off the pump and it seemed like there might have been a little fluid leaking around the shaft seal. I took it to the hyd shop to just have them replace the seal and they told me the pump was shot. The housing surface on the inside was not smooth, and the teeth weren't perfect, but this pump did lift the machine at idle with the front loader. I told them to just put a shaft seal in it and I'd use it a bit longer. Is that a bad idea? I'm just toying around the farm with this. Thanks
Worse case scenario would be the pump to fail and contaminate the entire hydraulic system with metal shavings. If the inside of the pump is not smooth and the teeth are pitted a disaster is about to happen.
Thank you. I did not think about that potential outcome. I need to be looking for a new pump.
Yes, that would be the prudent thing to do. You should change hydraulic filter now before you run it any more. Then again when the new pump is installed and one more time after the new pump has a few hours of running time on it.
Thank you