The backhoe was running sluggishly and as it warmed up it got much worse, to the point of stalling out. I bled off the fuel filter which didn't seem to help. The filters are relatively new. I then removed the inlet filter to the fuel injector pump. The bottom of the intake assembly has a seal, called a regulator seal (A43868)in the IPB. This seal was badly deformed and looks like it may have been installed upside down. The seal is shaped like a mushroom. It was installed with the stem pushed into the bottom of the connector (A43869). The parts breakdown show this part with the mushroom head against the lower part of the connector with the stem facing down into the injector pump. I'm trying to find the correct way to install the seal. Also, in trying to replace this seal the price seems to be prohibitively expensive at $180.00. any help would be greatly appreciated.
No replies yet.