Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580D need ring and pinion gear set part A-51994 but cannot find anywhere. Can anyone help

Joeylafever · 2023-05-03 14:03

I’ve been searching for months and haven’t been able to locate the part. Case 580D mid 80s 4x4 non turbo serial number 9067343 Need part number A-51994 ring and pinion gear set

Replies13
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-05-03 14:18

    Welcome to HEF Joey ! Call Dale Wiess. His family owned and sold three case dealerships. He still sells OEM and aftermarket parts. Link to Dale's Website

  2. #2Joeylafever2023-05-03 15:09

    Thank you I called Dale and unfortunately he doesn’t have the gear set but he said he would ask around for me.

  3. #3Tinkerer2023-05-03 19:55

    I spent quite a bit of time searching the internet for your gear set. It was a complete dead end. I thought their would be an outside chance a salvage yard would have it. Nope. The two wheel drive set is readily available , even on ebay. That may be your only option. Unfortunately. You could use the fwd sparingly or remove the front drive-shaft. It is sad when a nice machine becomes a parts machine because of a lack of parts to repair it.

  4. #4heymccall2023-05-03 20:04

    Is you sure you is chasing right part number?

  5. #5Tinkerer2023-05-04 11:03

    I searched both of those part numbers yesterday and came up with nothing. I used two different search engines. Perhaps someone else can find it.

  6. #6heymccall2023-05-04 11:31

    Have you tried Messick's?

  7. #7Tinkerer2023-05-04 11:53

    I looked at Messick's website and it sez part discontinued. I didn't do any part requests when I have no intention of buying it. Perhaps Joey would want to pursue that route. There are a lot of salvage yards that may have the gear set or even the transaxle assembly available. I didn't send any inquiries to any of them because , again I have no intention of buying anything.

  8. #8Joeylafever2023-05-05 09:06

    Thank you all for your help. I put in the order through messicks and they came back with no luck finding the part and canceled my order.

  9. #9Joeylafever2023-05-05 09:12

    You say there are a lot of salvage yards that may have the whole transaxle. Do you have any links or info on those salvage yards? Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.

  10. #10Tinkerer2023-05-05 09:23

    Here is a link to 40 of them ! Check all out them for availability and the best price. Shaeffer Enterprises in Wolf Lake may be the best one because he has so many of them. 580D LINK

  11. #11Joeylafever2023-06-28 17:59

    So looking into the parts tractors no luck. Well out of the 40 580d’s two were the right one and when I asked if the transaxle was available they said no. So still no luck. Anybody know of a shop that will make these gears. I have asked around but nobody seems to be able or even know anyone that can. Thanks for your help. Any other ideas?

  12. #12Tinkerer2023-06-28 18:56

    You could give up on repairing your 580D and part it out. Or buy another one that runs. Another thing to ponder ----- Perhaps the gear set from a turbo charged tractor will fit your differential. My guess is that it does and the only difference in the two is the gear ratio.

  13. #13alrman2023-06-28 21:58

    For what it is worth - I see the new part number A168548 to include the carrier hub. The part number I see for the ring & gear alone is A168181 - which CNH list as unavailable - but is listed on other aftermarket suppliers websites - not meaning they actually have them in stock of course.....