Hey all, getting ready to replace the rear main seal on the 301d. I think I will also have to replace the front seal on my reverser because I it is leaking hydraulic oil out the inspection hole also. Does anyone have a part number (JD parts guy couldn't find it) for the reverser front seal, and can it be replaced without tearing the reverser down? Question #2. I asked the dealer if they would loan me the main seal install tool and they said no way.... I didn't want to buy the tool for (hopefully) a one time job. Does anyone want to sale me (or loan me) the tool. If not, where is the best place to buy one? Thank you all for the help, Eric.
WOW..you didn’t have a very good day at the dealer ..eye roll . You should be able to change that front seal in place . . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/76966/referrer/navigation/pgId/533790 . .
I remember a previous thread about your tractor and the engine that is in it. There was lot of discussion about it not having the original one. Did you figure out what engine it really is ? I'm just curious about it now that I see you need parts for it. The seal tool for the 3.9 liter engine is available from quite a few internet vendors. FWIW which isn't much.
Diesel Dave, yep, that was quite the phone call. It took about 10 minutes to figure out the correct rear main seal...thank you for the info and the part #. Tinkerer, good memory. The consensus on my engine was that it was probably a combination of a 4039 and a 4239 (same rear main seal). I will try to verify the correct seal when I get the old one out.