Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 580D RUNS AWAY

BChet · 2024-09-01 17:06

New recent problem: Runs Away. Will be working at 1200rpm will suddenly accelerate to 1800rpm. Cant shut engine down, cant even stall it out. After a minute goes back to original rpm. Also, just recently overhauled engine if that could affect RUN Away. Way frustrating. Help. THANK YOU!!!

Replies6
  1. #1Billrog2024-09-01 18:46

    Sounds like fuel rod sticking ?

  2. #2BChet2024-09-01 19:25

    Fuel rod. Is that part of injection pump? If so, can it be fixed without rebuilding the injection pump? Appreciate feedback. THX

  3. #3Billrog2024-09-01 20:26

    I actually don't know much about injection pumps other than having a couple rebuilt. One because of a stuck fuel rod. I now use stanadyne in all my fuel for lubricity. I'm sure the pump man will give you good advice.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2024-09-01 23:12

    We’ve already had this discussion..

  5. #5BChet2024-09-02 00:33

    I'll try fuel lube. It's worth a try. Why not??

  6. #6BChet2024-09-02 00:34

    Thanks pumpguy.