Hey guys, so I dropped a valve few months ago, i repaired that got it all back together. Runs great then I noticed latley i been leaking water in my oil. I pulled the valve cover, did a pressure test to check the freeze plugs, they're fine. I pulled the injectors and they looked okay one kinda looked a little milky but not bad infact I cant really tell if it was milky at all, it just looked a little more wet/colored then the others. I pumped it up to 20 psi and it leaks down fast like maybe 10 minutes. I havent pulled the oil pan yet but I'm getting ready too, the engine was rebuilt not long ago, so mentally (lol) I'm trying to rule out the linner or o ring, my question is could it be leaking threw the water pump? When I had the head machined and put it all back together I forgot to re torque the head bolts a second time. I think in the manual it says run it a few hours then re torque them. (Could I have ruined the head gasket maybe?) So I guess my question is other then the liner could it be anything else. It don't over heat, it dont smoke I just dont understand it. After I submit this thread I'm going to pull the pan and check, so I'll get back to y'all but any info is appreciated. Thank you guys so much and stay safe out there, Greg
I would pull the oil pan and pressurize the cooling system to see if it's the 0-rings at best or a cracked block at the worse.
Might not be head gasket or previous repair related. Could easily be a brand new problem. I would do like Coy says and pull the pan.
Okay, well I pulled the pan and pressurized it at 14psi and I didnt see anything, so I pumped it up to about 20psi let it set there, low and behold I seen some dripping. So what I did for now is got some liquid glass and dumped a little in there, ran it about an hour or so drained it, flushed it and now no leaks. I hate that mechanic in a bottle stuff, but no more then it was I'll run it for the remainder of the month tell I get enough funds to do a liner and O'ring. I'm not going to just replace one while I'm in there, so I figure I'll spend the 5-7 hundred bucks and just do the full inframe rebuild. Anyone ever loosened the main caps dropped the crank down just a little and slid new bearings in that way before?
Not possible to lower a crankshaft like you are considering. Upper main bearings are very easy to roll out and reinstall. There is a tool that looks like common nail that is inserted in the crankshaft journal oil hole to remove the insert. I suppose you could make one from a nail.