Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580E Control valve seals

vega718 ยท 2021-10-08 08:46

Hello, new to the forum and looking for much needed help. I have a 1986 Case 580E loader/backhoe with 35C backhoe. I'm in need of the seals for the control/spool valve assembly. Having zero luck locating them.

Replies8
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-10-08 09:35

    Welcome to HEF, vega718 ! Where did you look for them at ? Those "O"rigs should be available at any CNH dealer.

  2. #2vega7182021-10-08 10:47

    Hello Tinkerer, I have called some places here in florida with little luck. There looks to be a seal and o ring top and bottom of spool valves. Havent seen anything for body seals that seal them all together, guess I could use o ring material on a roll or source large enough o rings?

  3. #3gggraham2021-10-08 11:23

    Those should just be .750" 70 durometer O rings nothing special

  4. #4vega7182021-10-08 13:12

    Thank you guys for the input, Im confused a bit. There seems to be a seal and oring around where the shaft goes in at the connection point for levers. Need #3,#4,#5 in diagram. For a Case 580E, tag on backhoe says 35C

  5. #5Tinkerer2021-10-09 08:12

    Which section of the control valve is the image of ? #5 in your is a retainer, not a seal. The on-line parts list will describe what is in the image next to it. Are you going to reseal the entire control valve or just the spools ?

  6. #6vega7182021-10-11 11:18

    Tinkerer, thanks for reply. Sorry for later reply been away from computer. Id like to reseal spools for sure and was thinking just reseal whole thing while its out. I meant items 4, and 3 (x2) those look like seals. 5 is a retainer. Would you have any advise on where to get seals and orings?

  7. #7Tinkerer2021-10-11 11:45

    A CNH dealer would be my choice. If you get the wrong parts you would have a better chance to return them and get the correct ones. If you separate the sections and do the entire valve body, the seals and o rings will cost a couple (or more) hundred dollars depending on where you buy them. I am not to keen on separating the sections unless there is a leak between them.

  8. #8vega7182021-10-11 12:45

    Ok, Thank you for the advise.