Hi all, Recently purchased a well used Case 580E 2wd for personal use. In the list of repairs I have for it, replacing the missing parking brake handle assembly is close to the top. Has anyone replaced their’s and can provide some help on which part I can order to replace mine? I’ve received a couple offers on supply.parts, but the ask price is in the several hundreds. Would this - https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-924-5617-Parking-Brake-Handle/dp/B00Z7NNEGC - with modification for lower bracket. Or This - https://bunkerhillcables.com/parkin...e=1&gbraid=0AAAAAC9YXlVwaXyreLbzXTcUgGHVk4pCW - bottom bracket appears similar, work as a replacement? Thanks!
Are you looking for the cable or the lever? Which park brake does you machine have external disc or internal that uses the service brakes. What is your serial number?
I have a Case 580 SE 4 wheel drive and that second one you posted from Bunker hill is mine to a T.
Thanks guys. Appreciate the quick feedback. SN 9076039 After looking at the parts manual more, it looks like I’ll just need the handle and associated pins, the cable is intact still. The bunker hill one does look quite similar, if the bracket dimensions match the slots in the cab I think it’s a go
Checked the dimensions of the slots in the cab vs the drawing on bunker hill’s website: Bunker hill brake assembly bracket size seems to be quite a bit smaller… I suppose this will work if I am able to make up some sort of adapter plate
Seems I am also missing part 10 from the diagram: D126625 PLATE Lever Mounting This should allow the bunker hill handle bracket to work. Hopefully I can track this part down for a reasonable price, if not shouldn’t be too bad to make something to work. Side note: the parts manual is proving to be invaluable for figuring out how this thing is put together. Thanks for the help all