Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580G -86 hydraulic parts in Europe

SweKris · 2022-03-01 05:02

Hey there! I got myself a Case 580G to pick up where my Volvo 400 with a chinese backhoe is struggling, and I got some leaky cylinders and spools to fix. I thought I did my homework checking parts availability and prices for the 580 series but now that I had to go into detail I'm stumped. Steering cylinder seal kit is out of production in Europe, and they want USD 2000 for a new replacement cylinder. For a tiny cylinder that would go for 40 bucks off-brand! The seal kit for the replacement cylinder alone is over 100 dollars! Seal kit for boom spool, just the retainer collar alone is 100 dollars. Looking at some other parts, it seems my 580g would be worth well over a million dollars in parts! Also looking internationally it's not easy to find 580G parts, mostly for other letter machines - is there a clear compatibility table anywhere? Mine is french made and I can't find the serial number on any lookups. Anyway, I guess I just wanted your guys's advice on where to get parts in Europe at reasonable prices. I don't mind paying but these prices are horrendous. Thanks for any help!

Replies9
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-03-01 22:27

    Welcome to HEF, SweKris ! The 580G was mostly a European model. Most of the parts used in the US model 580SE will fit it. You can cross reference the part numbers. If you need it this is a link to the online parts book for the G.

  2. #2SweKris2022-03-04 10:06

    Thanks mr Tinkerer, much appreciated! I found a lot of shops in France and Netherlands so now I'm eagerly waiting delivery of seal kits and a new steering cylinder. Fingers crossed I manage to get it sealed up and ready to take on my property.

  3. #3pedro basilio2022-11-15 15:57

    olá. comprei uma 580g e preciso do manual de operador. alguém me pode ajudar?

  4. #4Tinkerer2022-11-15 18:56

    Welcome to HEF, Pedro ! I don't. Do you have the forklift version or the loader/ backhoe version ? The manual is available all over the US on the internet. Ebay has it in .pdf format ----> https://www.ebay.com/itm/223611796760?hash=item34104d3d18:g:6jQAAOSw9NdXrQWs&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAsL5u2fSo2XzGDyi274INs0qhMFyYNSdCp3xbwXY8/J++Nrigb2fupyrzKXXshNP7afxrCppxgCzJ8Kx6QOWk3HtEpehY4o0H8fAv5rotoUVcNFq8JhmqupFqnotguVpB23/o0kskCra4sVkh/9w6jmdh0SWOqu+jQavL7Koq61PyzApc0eQtPsct2PU6ZY9rjktqJCGYGMGOHL7KYfpJrURXhO3ai52KLMws3nH/4qZ1|tkp:Bk9SR8ibvduPYQ&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId Add 17.00 us dollars for shipping to Portugal His question is ----> "hello. bought a 580g and i need the operator manual. can someone help me? "

  5. #5pedro basilio2022-11-20 16:43

    Obrigado. Não posso comprar sem ter a certeza que é o manual que quero. já comprei um e não era. obrigado

  6. #6Tinkerer2022-11-20 20:35

    Você tem a versão de empilhadeira ou a versão de carregadeira / retroescavadeira? O número de série do trator ajudaria. Se conseguirmos encontrar um, será em inglês. Seria um problm?

  7. #7pedro basilio2022-12-01 16:12

    É a retroescavadeira. em inglês não é problema, é melhor que nada.

  8. #8Tinkerer2022-12-01 17:45

    This is Pedro's question, and my answers. Pedro > Hello. bought a 580g and i need the operator manual. can someone help me? Tinkerer > Do you have the forklift version or the loader/backhoe version? The tractor serial number would help. If we can find one, it'll be in English. Would it be a problem? Pedro- It's the backhoe. in English is not a problem, it is better than nothing.

  9. #9Tinkerer2022-12-01 17:54

    17.00 Dólares americanos para enviar para Portugal. 17.00 US dollars to ship to Portugal.