Hi can anyone help me with a loss of steering on my Case 580 G TLB . I assumed the partial loss of steering was due to a failing pump so had that reconditioned , new filter seals ect steering cylinders also recently overhauled . Am I right in assuming the if its not these 2 items then I need to check the orbital . does anyone have an idea how I can test the pump is working ( it was ment to have been bench tested after overhaul)
If you raise the front wheels off the ground can you steer it then?
Hi Coy I did try that but made no difference the wheels turned to one side and then remained static
sounds like the metering valve to me
thanks for that catfix will take it out today and strip. apart from using a guage is there any bush mechanic way of testing that the pump is actually producing preasure to feed the the metering valve ? Generally what normally is the problem in the metering valve if it isn't functioning properly? Many Thanks
I'm not sure how you could accomplish that without a gauge i'll do some pondering with some beers tonight. if you want to get super back woods, take the hose off, zip tie it to something, fire it up and see how far it shoots, lol
ok it seems like it time to invest in a set of gauges . didn't find anything visably wrong with metering valve but will get it tested next time I head to the big smoke many thanks