Hello all, Recently I have acquired a case 580H year 1988 and am new to this world of backhoe loaders. I have some questions, I don't know if you can help me: Firstly, I would like to know what oil should I put on the power shuttle, and in what condition should I fill up and check the oil level? For hydraulic systems I was advised to use SAE 10W oil, can I use the same? I ask this because the machine lacks power forward. It seems to have enough power to go rear. Second, does this machine have an emergency brake? A few days ago I was operating the machine in a very steep street when the engine suddenly stopped working and to my surprise I was completely without brake nor steering, even with the first gear engaged. Luckily for me, it turned toward a gully and stopped otherwise I wasn't here today to tell the story! PS: It seems like the parking brake has been removed from its place, but I don't know if it would've helped me in that case. Please help me! Leonardo Bianco
My 580 K calls for Case TCH (Transmission, Clutch, Hydraulic) fluid in everything but transaxle, front axle, and engine. Lately my Case dealer has supplied Case/ International Harvester Hy-Tran Fluid.
mews 6001 Thanks for your reply. I've been researching here and apparently the TCH is similar to SAE 10W, so no problem here. Cheers.
TCH, or Hy-Tran are light hydraulic oils with a host of concentrated ingredients to combat a host of problems. They have ingredients to encapsulate water, prevent corrosion, friction modifiers for wet brakes, etc. etc. Willie