My 580B has a small cylinder that appears to assist the loader lift but I don't know how to identify it by name Can anyone tell me the proper name for this small cylinder , I need to repack it due to a leak and don't know what to call it.
Hadn't noticed that before, and I can't tell you what Case calls it. It's not for assisting the loader lift, it's for leveling the bucket as the loader is lifted. So maybe something like "bucket leveling cylinder" ?
Hydra-Leveling cylinder. Pretty imaginative for CASE.
Thanks guys
And don't even think about removing it permanently if it goes bad. The hoist won't function. Phil tried it years ago and it didn't work.
How does it work ? Take oil from the bucket cylinder as the arm is raised ??
My 580CK has that leveling cylinder, but when the eye on the rod broke at the weld, it was removed. If I am correct, the cylinder is intended to keep the bucket floor in the same position as the loader arms are raised. Problems came with this setup when operators rolled back the bucket and raised the loader. Damage to the loader frame where the arms attached is common. The 580B has a stronger setup but may be the same issue. Lots has been posted here about this and the repairs on the 580CK. I have used my 580CK without this cylinder for all the 25 years I have owned it. Its sitting under the bench, rebuilt and will go back on when I get back to that project.
I was wondering what happened to you Juskatla.. I was doing a lift cyl on a 580ck not to long ago, 2 one.. when ordering parts I had to order both a seal kit and gland kit.. This time.. I got the seal kit and it came complete w/ ALL the seals and gland seals.. The other kit.. I have no idea what it fits.. it says on the website its for a lift cyl.?? but the seals will in no way fit.. I think its a leveling kit.?? The kit is new and unopened w/ the split rings and seals.. P# D42867 They are new on ebay for 11.00 BUT the shipping is 15-16.00.. I can beat that, if you want it..
It looks like it's separate from the lift cylinders circuit. It's essentially a master cylinder that tilts the bucket "slave cylinder" when the loader arms are raised (without the tilt valve operated).
Are you guys saying it's not possible to eliminate that cylinder? My 580B is leaking and doesn't have the linkage anyway so I was just going to eliminate it.
Juskatla says you can and Tinkerer says you can't remove it? I don't see why you couldn't remove it as long as the hoses are hooked up correct. It won't self level, if you tilt the bucket back with a load of compost, and lift the boom all the way up, the compost might end up in your lap.
Actually I was doing some more reading, the linkage is just for return to dig. Looks like it could be eliminated, I'm used to not having it so it's not a big deal that way. I'm going to price out the rebuild kit and go from there. There seems to be some opinions that it causes stress on the frame.
That would surprise me. It sure looks like it levels the bucket as you lift and lower it. Return to dig tilts the bucket back after you dump it.
It levels the bucket but purely through hydraulics. The fluid displaced by the arms raising and lowering go to the dump cylinders to help keep them level (as long as you're not touching the dump as you raise and lower). The return to dig is more complicated and has the linkage to track the position of the bucket.
You got right CD. That is the way both functions were designed to work. Our case expert named Phil who has not been heard from in a couple of years removed the hydra-leveling cylinders on a loader he was working on and said was not a good idea to remove them. He reinstalled his. If I remember correctly, without the cylinders in place you would have to continually use the dump lever while raising the loader or you would dump anything in the bucket on the tractor hood or your lap.
can anybody tell how to remove the loader frame on 580B and 580CK?