Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580k 1994 model phase 3. won’t go fwd or rev. just bought it as is

Shahiel deeplal ยท 2017-08-26 17:20

Hi I bought this case with a front hub bearing problem only to find this new problem. I am having a problem with the fwd and reverse. I changed the oil and transmission filter ( it was dry when I took it out?). I connect all the pipes and checked the main suction pipe. the fluid line going from the convertor pump to the valve on the top of the transaxel were disconnected and the wires cut. the line from the side of the filter to the right top side of the transaxel was also disconnected. what can I try next? thanks

Replies5
  1. #1franklin22017-08-27 14:12

    Any big chunks or large flakes in the oil sump when you took it off?

  2. #2Shahiel deeplal2017-08-27 15:11

    Hi Franklin No pan it's the 580k with transaxel. but the transmission filter was bone dry. no flakes in it. I took the valve off the transaxel as it was leaking fluid from between it and the transaxel. replaced the gasket and tried it again. I managed to get fwd and reverse but at high revs. And the wheels moved abit slow in 3rd gear. this backhoe is in bad shape and was parked in the open for over a year. there was about 2 gal water in the transaxel when I drained it. could it be that gears and clutch are seized abit? or could it be the torque pump? both the selinoid and neutral switch are disconnected. what can I try next ?

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2017-08-27 18:51

    More than likely the torque converter pump is shot. These units had some issues with the pump slots wearing out where they contacted the torque converter.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2017-08-27 18:54

    Something else you can check is the fwd rev spool in the trans control valve there is a shuttle valve that can get dislocated. May want to try that first.

  5. #5Shahiel deeplal2017-08-28 00:24

    Thanks Coy Have to wait for the weather to ease up abit raining like crazy here. then will strip it down and check. thanks for the tips