Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580k 4-1 bucket indicator help

newdesertfox · 2018-02-22 19:37

I was wondering if anyone who has a 580k with a clamshell on it might be willing to send me pictures of the 4-1 indicator, I bought a 580 a while ago and been repairing it and noticed the indicator is broken off and been replaced with a hokey pole version. Im hoping to see what exactly its suppose to look like and maybe dimensions so I could fabricate/weld a "new" one for my machine. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Willie B2018-02-22 19:59

    Sorry, the clam bucket is on my "bucket list" before I die. My 580K with GP bucket has an indicator where two paddles, one attached to the bucket, the other attached to the boom align.

  2. #2newdesertfox2018-02-22 20:23

    Yeah this is the custom one the previous owner had on it..., Works alright for basic level but nothing else

  3. #3newdesertfox2018-02-22 20:25

    this is what I think its suppose to look like but Im not sure, this is off of a 590 so not sure if 580 was the same

  4. #4fpgm042018-02-22 23:03

    I have a 580SK with 4in1 bucket, some pictures below which may help. For clarification, are you looking for the bucket level indicator as it appears being shown in post 3, or are you looking for a 4in1 clam position indicator? The first picture is the 4in1 position indicator on the RH front clamp cylinder. The second picture is the bucket level indicator on the loader arm. The last 2 pictures are from the Case parts website. https://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html Do a “find parts by model” and go from there, the diagrams may help you. You can zoom in as needed. In the sample pictures of the web page reference item 18 on the 4in1 diagram and items 46 & 50 on the loader diagram.

  5. #5newdesertfox2018-02-23 00:11

    Im looking for a detailed version of part 29, your bucket looks like it runs a part 46 indicator were as mine has a part 50 indicator, from what I can tell based off the service manual the indicator has a decal on it that looks very similar to the 4-1 position indicator on the actual bucket but this one is mounted directly the the loader arm, similar the the last picture I posted but not 100% sure, looks simple to fabricate, but Im hoping to clear up the size of it so my indicator actually tells me the right things

  6. #6newdesertfox2018-02-23 00:15

    This is a picture from the manual, my little tab is supposed to float over letters indicating it's position, I can see were the welds were before they were broken off