Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580k brakes

Johnnymc · 2022-03-27 15:31

Hi all again. This seems like an easy question but I've searched the internet and threads on here and haven't found the answer. My brakes quit working on my case 580k phase 3. Are they run by the fluid in the transaxle or is there a separate reservoir I should look for ? I had a soft pedal a couple of times that went away on its own then they just stopped working altogether. Thank you in advance

Replies8
  1. #1Preppypyro2022-03-27 17:23

    My 1995 sk phase 3 has a fluid reservoir under the hood, near where you fill up with fuel. Should be able to spot it pretty easily if you open the hood. It takes hytrans as well, not brake fluid.

  2. #2Steve Favia2022-03-27 17:29

    Yep that’s where their at on m 580K.

  3. #3Johnnymc2022-03-28 11:50

    Jeez ya I went out after I made the post and found it. Felt kinda stupid. I hear alot about wet brakes and I just assumed there wasn't the normal master cylinder. Now I have a good left pedal but the right I have to pump 4 or 5 times so I gotta find the bleeder. Hopefully that's it and I don't have a leak

  4. #4Johnnymc2022-03-28 11:52

    Yea lol I found it. Duh feel kinda stupid. I thought it was something in the transaxle. Thank you!

  5. #5gggraham2022-03-30 08:32

    Watch your brake fluid level, if it drops down again and there is no visible external leak, you could have leaking piston seals which was not unheard of on these machines.

  6. #6Johnnymc2022-03-30 20:22
  7. #7Johnnymc2022-03-30 20:30

    Thank you, I will. Now I gotta figure out to bleed it.

  8. #8gggraham2022-03-31 11:10

    Bleeders are on top of the axles towards the inside ( the rounded area where brakes are) . 13mm wrench I believe.