Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580k brakes stuck engaged

H621 ยท 2022-06-20 21:56

I've got a 580k here with brakes hanging up. It will power through if you try. I have not worked on these before any direction to start is appreciated. From what I've read there's phase 1 in early models and phase 3 later. I do not know the difference between the two. Thanks in advance!

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-06-21 07:32

    The location of the gear shift is the easiest way to the determine in them. A serial number is the most reliable way for any piece of equipment. Do you have the service manual ? Or the operators manual ? A lot of equipment owners are not aware of how much detailed maintenance information is in them. If you do a search in the T/L/B forum you will find a lot of info on 580K brakes.

  2. #2H6212022-06-21 09:44

    I do not have any manuals. S/n is pre jjg0020000 I did sift through alit of those threads and did not find the info I was asking about where to start with my problem.

  3. #3alrman2022-06-22 23:38

    Do the brake pedals feel normal? There should be about 3" of free travel before they are applied. Does park brake still work on this machine? Releasing properly?