Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580K component/cap identification

newdesertfox · 2017-10-02 15:53

Hi, I just bought a 580K, and Im trying to ID what this cap is called so I can buy a new one, Ive run a 310J for a while but this is my first Case, waiting on a user manual or else I'd have already looked it up. The cap in the red circle is broken, and as far as I could tell it looks like the cap for the coolant tank, but when I go and type in case 580k coolant cap I get results for the cap at the top of the radiator that I circled in blue. Any help would be great, the reserve that the cap circled in red is attached to is empty so Im making an estimated guess that it is the coolant and it all sloshed out with the missing cap

Replies7
  1. #1Billrog2017-10-02 16:12

    I would check ebay , amazon or an auto wrecker.

  2. #2brewer2017-10-02 16:17

    Looks like they just call it cap. Part number 1547924C1. I've been using colemanequip.com and Monroetractor.com for their parts diagrams.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2017-10-03 08:52

    That is your radiator overflow tank, those caps never last too long, they always get broken after awhile.

  4. #4melben2017-10-03 20:16

    Have had experience with literally hundreds of those cooling systems and you will be adding coolant regularly , seems funny as when the main radiator is checked they are always full or near full, no evidence of coolant loss anywhere. Always puzzled me a bit but hose engines last and last.

  5. #5DualsportWA2017-10-04 22:53

    I think this is the cap you need: http://www.minnpar.com/catalogdescr...&ProductCode=550001&Description=CAP, SCREW-ON It’s the coolant overflow bottle cap... From this page (original part A184079 has been discontinued) https://www.colemanequip.com/parts/...FAN-AND-MOUNTING-PARTS-0sJt/#part-category-52

  6. #6DualsportWA2017-10-04 22:56

    Also, You should post some pictures of that backhoe!

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2017-10-05 08:53

    Your cap prt# changed to 440729A1, you may be able to find it on ebay or amazon try them before your local dealer.