Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580k fluid specs

Parsons_Farms ยท 2014-02-27 21:30

Just bought a 580k that has been sitting for months in a fence row. I am in the process of servicing the machine I can not locate any info on the fluid levels, oil easy with the 3.9 transaxle no idea, I drained the trans fluid then overfilled it, not quite sure how much it takes but not a lot. I will have to drain it, I would try the guess factor with the dipsticks but they are missing, and what is the fluid capacity of the Hyd. Tank...any help appreciated Thanks Jon

Replies3
  1. #1sheepfoot2014-02-28 19:04

    Is it a phase 1 or phase 3, phase 1 has the dipstick over the starter and 4 speed in the floor, phase 3 has shifter on the dash and dip stick behind the seat in the floor.

  2. #2Parsons_Farms2014-02-28 22:25

    It is a phase one I was able to get my hands on a book for a 580e which I was told was similar to the 580k and used the fluid levels on it and hoping there correct, there is a lot of different answers I'm getting on the transaxle fluid and the 580e book called for a 80 weight gear oil so that's what I put in at 5 gallons

  3. #3sheepfoot2014-03-01 10:00

    The 580E had a change in production, the later transaxles used a case transaxle fluid part # B17632 and the phase 1 K'S changed to a part # MS 1317. This was due to the oil cooled disc brakes. The brakes should use this fluid to min friction wear and for better braking. It holds 20.5 quarts and fills the trans and rear end. Your master cylinder's use TCH fluid, Do not use a DOT 3 brake fluid, it will swell up the seals in both the master cylinders and slave cylinder's and cause brakes to fail or bind and drag. The brake parts are costly in those machines like the other makes, ford, cat, deere, jcb, ect.