Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580K Fuel Filter came apart, won’t start, need help

pdhntr ยท 2019-03-07 16:10

The little one to the left of the dipstick came loose. The engine quit as it probably drew in air? How do I get this thing started again? I have never done this so please explain in detail what I have to do. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Jim

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-03-07 16:48

    Everything you need to know is in the thread I am posting a link to. Go to post #4 for the service manual instructions you need. HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2pdhntr2019-03-07 18:24

    I got it started on my own by refilling the two larger filters and cranked on it. About the time I thought I better let the starter cool down it started up and ran fine. I read the thread that you posted last week. But I must have skipped over post 4. That is some good information. I will look for the bleeder screws that are in the post and write down the steps. Thanks again Tinkerer! Jim

  3. #3Tinkerer2019-03-08 08:07

    Glad to help pdhntr ! I don't know if you have an eBay account, but you can buy a service manual for as little as $5.00 there. You need to determine if your machine is a phase 1 or phase 3 though. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=580k+service+manual&_sacat=0&_sop=15

  4. #4pdhntr2019-03-08 10:57

    I believe I have a phase 3 machine as the 4 speed is in the console to my right. I should get one as I am probably going to have to fix the hand brake before summer. Thank you sir for the help. Jim