Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580k fuel system

carl m ยท 2013-09-15 22:36

case 580k been sitting in shop for 6 years changed pump and filters bled fuel filters and pump fuel to #1 cylinder no fuel anywhere else any ideas

Replies5
  1. #1thepumpguysc2013-09-16 06:32

    IF its a Lucas/Delphi pump.. it has 1 pumping unit that supplies fuel to each cylinder.. so you cant be getting fuel to JUST 1. If its been sitting for 6 years, the insides of the pump are gummed up.. gonna need to come down and cleaned up. I STRONGLY suggest you do the injectors too.. Wish you were closer.. I could help you out..

  2. #2carl m2013-09-16 22:14

    the fuel pump I put on is a new rebuilt I timed the system before installing and bled filters and pump have fuel into the pump and only out to #1 cylinder no fuel coming out other three ports or lines to fuel injectors what could the problem be when priming the hand primer lots of pressure then it loses pressure

  3. #3willie592013-09-16 23:27

    Welcome to HEF carl m. :drinkup I have to agree with thepumpguysc as he actually is an injection pump rebuilder. Regardless of timing, if you have fuel being delivered out of port for #1 injector then you have to have fuel being delivered out of 2, 3, and 4 ports. If not, something is terribly wrong with injection pump.

  4. #4mitch5042013-09-17 00:21

    Is this while spinning the engine, or just pumping the hand pump?

  5. #5sr-oz2013-09-17 06:54

    Is the key in the "on position" when priming ? It has the fuel cut off solenoid which must be open.