Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580K Help identifying wire that fell off

styxplo · 2022-10-17 23:07

I was pressure washing the other day and somehow blasted a wire off. I can’t find out where it is supposed to connect. As far as I can tell everything seems to be working properly. It’s under the small hood where the hydraulic fill and diesel fill are. I can’t find it on the print. It’s under the master cylinder. It can only go so many places based on its length. I think it is white with a red stripe??? And has a female bullet connector. Anyone recognize it??? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2022-10-17 23:52

    It looks dirty inside... as if it was never hooked up to anything before.

  2. #2styxplo2022-10-18 00:17

    It does. That never even occurred to me. I will have to get a better look tomorrow. I’ve wrenched on old Cletus a lot. Never noticed it before.

  3. #3Steve Favia2022-10-18 09:42

    Hard to tell from the pictures,for some reason I can’t blow up the picture. Went out and looked at my 580k,looks like it goes to my selinoid for my ether ( cold start system) ?

  4. #4styxplo2022-10-18 15:02

    I checked the wiring diagram.....Cold start is grey/orange. I thinks that's it. It also makes sense because I don't have that option. Mystery solved. Thanks

  5. #5Steve Favia2022-10-18 15:26

    You’re welcome,glad to help!