Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580k hydraulic leak when parked

Northerncase · 2022-01-13 23:47

I am a new owner of a 1990 580k bought it with 6000 hours. My main concern is the hydraulic leak when parked it looks to be leaking somewhere on top of the front differential and then dripping down I think I will need to remove the rad to get a closer look. I’m just looking to see if anyone has had same issue and what I might be looking at for a repair.

Replies3
  1. #1alrman2022-01-14 16:05

    Welcome to HEF @Northerncase Usually a leak like that, while parked, would indicate a problem with the hydraulic pump suction hose. But I have also seen a pumps leak from the input shaft seal, but that would also leak more so while running. Hopefully you will spot the issue easily.

  2. #2Northerncase2022-01-14 19:36

    Thank you I will hopefully tackle next week I will post what I find

  3. #3Steve Favia2022-01-14 22:11

    Sounds about the spot where my 580k leak turned out to be,mine was the hydraulic cooler in front of the radiator pretty easy fix, soldered up a small pin hole good luck finding your leak.