Anyone ever seen this? I didn't have any luck with a search. I saw a parts breakdown that showed a couple of $1.00 o-rings and a nut that looks to hold the dual fuel filter head to the motor. I don't know what else it could be unless something is cracked. I guess it makes sense to order the o-rings and hope for the best. It's the 4T-390 motor. Thanks.
It would be good if you can find out exactly where the leak is at. I would want to clean it up and see if I could find the exact spot that's leaking. Might just be a loose line, might be a crack somewhere.
hey same issue on my phase 1 a slight drip on the backside of the filter closer to the engine pull the filter several times to no avail i got the oring too but havnet had time to undoo the nut and see . gonna get a stick mirror but its got to a small drip hardly noticable , a while back there were small puddles on ground . weird
I don't think it's a loose line because it seems to be coming from the back and the lines are in the front - but I'll double-check. It's hard to tell with the crud build up. What's the best way to clean up the motor? I'm wary of pressure washing and getting water into places where it doesn't belong but it could use a good cleaning. I'm hoping the o-rings will do the trick. This thing is leaking so bad it's a fire hazard. Anyone know how tight that nut should be? Tight enough not to leak, right?
You really should clean that area with something. No way would I dissessemble something about the fuel system with a coating of crud on it.
You're right about cleaning it before taking it apart. Thanks to the fuel leaking so much it was easy to clean that area with rags and compressed air but no good way to be sure about the back side without pressure washing. That part of the motor isn''t what concerned me about getting wet anyway so I'm going to clean up the whole machine - carefully - and hope for the best. It also has a hydraulic leak in what must be one of the worst places - the bottom of the frame/tank less than a foot from the drain plug. I could see that someone already tried to weld what must have been a small crack but a little oil still seeps through. How do you get a crack or hole there? I figured I'd pull the plug and let it drain overnight before cleaning, grinding, and welding. Any suggestions? CO2? Is there something I can use to clean the inside of the area by going through the drain hole to minimize the seepage when it gets hot? Being a hack, I figured a rag long enough to not lose on a bent wire might work? I'm planning on cleaning the machine and dealing with the fuel leak first and then moving on to the hydraulic leak. I appreciate all the help. Dirtdauber - I like your motto or whatever you call that quote at the bottom of your posts. It always gets a smile out of me.
Why not try some J-B Weld? Number 8272 Marine Weld is resistant to oil. Unless you have a structural crack it should do the trick. And go from there.
That does sound easier, doesn't it? I'll give it a try and see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll grind it off with the old weld.