Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580K Phase III with ROP Wiring Diagram

awbrock ยท 2012-03-22 21:33

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Case 580K Phase III with ROP Canopy or know where I can get one?? I have several electrical problems, the tach is locked over at about 3k rpms at idle. When I tap the accelerator the tach needle wiggles a little but comes back down to 3k and stays. None of the console "dash" lights work except the hydraulic filter light. I know the fuse holder for the 25AMP "Standard Lights" has been hot and melted the fuse block. I checked all of the fuses they are fine.I think the fuel gage works sometimes. I removed the side console to find lots of unconnected wires in the wiring harness, I assume Case used one wiring harness for all machines:Cab and ROP Canopy models. I removed the two light switches on the left side of the steering wheel. I ohmed them they work however, the first is pretty hard to turn (3 position switch). Found the flasher relay under the steering wheel. Can't seem to get it out to test it nor am I able to read any info for a pin layout. I looked under the hood for the main fuse block (somewhere there was a picture of a 3 fuse holder under the hood, maybe an older machine?) didn't see anything except two Bosch units maybe auto reset fuses or relays... I'm not sure. There are a couple of extra connectors in the engine compartment. Two at the altenator and one on the other side near the blocktemp sensor. Dunno what they are for. Another question, what type battery should be in this machine? Right now I am using a large marine battery for a trolling motor, it's been too cold for me to fish, but not now Where is the best place to get the pin grease seals for the boom? They all need replacing. Any infomation will be a great help!! Thanks, AB

Replies2
  1. #1bowen2012-03-23 06:57

    Case part diagrams will help you a great deal and this will be free. Otherwise it sounds like you need to look for a service manual and operators manual. You can probably locate some of this on ebay. WIring diagrams will be in most downloadable service manuals are maybe less than $50 each, but will not have all the answers. Coleman Equipment online has the parts with prices and that is where I would suggest to start. The Case parts diagrams are not priced, but easier to navigate and better quality to print.

  2. #2awbrock2012-03-24 00:12

    Thanks Bowen!!