Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Have a few novice questions on a “new to me” 2003 JCB 214S

jdb1980 ยท 2012-03-23 15:57

I appreciate being able to post here and have a couple questions. just aquired a low houred 214S backhoe. like it alot but had a few questions. 1. book said it should be able to do 20+ mph down the road, and i am barely doing 15, is there something wrong with it or is that normal? seems to go into gear fine and shuttle, but slow and going up a hill a little bit slower. question #2 is that i wanted to get one with air conditioning but this one came along and it does not. i would think that it would be highly possible for someone to do a conversion and possibly even a conversion kit available, but i am not for sure. was wondering if anyone has done it and approx what it cost. Thanks for the help.

Replies1
  1. #1LT-x72012-03-23 17:19

    Slow road speed is my biggest complaint with my JCB. On flat ground it will do 20-25mph, but as soon as I hit a decent hill I'm down in 2nd which I would guess is around 7-8mph. The 214S is a entirely different and much bigger machine than mine, but I would assume it has a comparable power to weight ratio.