Hi guys. I'm new to the site and new to backhoe/loaders. I just purchased my first backhoe. It is a case 580k 4x4. I have been looking all over to find out where I can get a filter package for the case, but it seems a little hard to find. I don't even know what filters to use. Because I don't know when the thing was serviced last I want to start fresh with everything new. My Case is a phase 1 with about 4000 hrs. It is in great shape and a pleasure to operate. I have been digging my stumps by hand for years, but now I can sit and TEAR them out. Any help on the filters would be appreciated. Rick Grass Valley Ca.
Napa
Welcome! This forum has been an invaluable resource for me. I hope you find it the same! :drinkup I am not aware of any kits on filters, but individually, you can get what you need without too much hassle. We have had a Phase III on the homestead for the last few years, and they are fantastic machines! :thumbsup The first thing we did was to change all the filters. There were 2 air (primary/secondary), 3 fuel (inline/primary/secondary), 1 hydraulic, and 1 engine. Our hydraulic fluid was decent looking, so we just replaced the filter. We have a local parts house that sells Hastings, and we have had good luck with them. I believe there is just a screen on the pickup tube for the shuttle. Can't remember off hand. As far as filters, Napa and similar stores should be able to cross reference filters without an issue. If you want to look up the numbers for your filters, a good resource is the online parts catalog. You can search for filter as a keyword. http://partstore.casece.com/us/index.html According to the casece.com, here are your filter numbers: N9025 HYDRAULIC OIL FILTER, ELEMENT ASSEMBLY filter, Includes: Ref. 8 and 9, Updated to 84239751 J908616 FILTER lube oil, cartridge, Updated to 84496951 D139225 FILTER, FUEL, FILTER fuel, in-line A173290 AIR FILTER, ELEMENT primary, Updated to 84539199 A173291 AIR FILTER, ELEMENT secondary A77470 SEPARATOR, KIT fuel filter, Includes: Ref. 8 and 9, Updated to 84557099, 84476807
I use all Wix filters and here are the numbers for my 580K Series I: Engine Oil Filter 51602 Inner Air Filter 42519 Outer Air Filter 42518 Hydraulic Filter 51495 Fuel Filter - Inline 33253 Primary Fuel Filter 33357 Secondary Fuel Filter 33777 I got all my filters from FMS Filters. They are by far the best prices I have found. For the filters listed above, $100 shipped. Not bad at all. http://fmsfilters.com/
thanks guys. very helpful.