So my Case 580K sat all winter. This spring when I started it up, it started just fine like it usually does. It idled for 3-4 seconds, then stalled out. When I tried to restart it, it had to crack for approx 30 seconds (which is not typical) because it finally caught and started. Then it ran fine after that for the rest of the day and several more restarts. The next day, on cold start-up, it did the same thing again. I am guessing I am losing fuel pressure in the lines somewhere. I can't see any leaks. So what should I check first?
Do you have that steel , inline fuel filter on the left side... Even though it's diesel going through it... Mine rusted a hole last year ( 580K ) anywho... maybe you have a slight hole and sucking some air ? . Just a thought... . Gotta Fly... . . PS Had to change my fuel pump at the same time... The prime pump wasn't working... . .
All the fuel filters were changed about 1.5 years ago. And only about 100 hours. But anything is possible. I have another of the metal inline filters. So maybe I will just change it and see if it helps. Thanks for the thoughts!