Hey guys, I was told today that backhoes have to be tied down in four locations for tranporting. (front bucket, front axle, rear of tractor, and the rear bucket. I don't want to wrap a chain around the cast front axle (4X4s) as I am afraid of breaking it. What does Case recommend for transporting??thanks, Joel:beatsme
We had a K series hoe and we used to just go around the axles.We still have all the books for it so I will check them today and see what is says.I will let you know tonight.Now that I am thinking about it there is no reason for us to keep the books so we might as well sell them,so I guess they are for sale.
I'm going to question that. Isn't it now the regulation that anything over 10,000 lbs. needs to be secured at four points (each corner), plus a binder for each attachment? (Those being the hoe and the front bucket.)
Your on the money. Four points with four binders, then each attachment, our float guy uses straps for the booms but im not sure if thats legal in the states or not?
Reuben, I sent you a PM. Thanks,Joel
Actually we follow the same cargo securement rules as the U.S. and they had them in place for over a year before we did. If they (straps) are not legal down there then most likely they ain't legal here. I can't find anything in the regulations that states you can't use straps for the accessories. Anyone? :beatsme