Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580K: what hydraulic oils will work?

DualsportWA ยท 2015-06-11 11:09

Hi all- wondering what hydraulic oils will work in my Case 580K- saw some on sale and wondering if there's any problems with certain types of oil...

Replies4
  1. #1DualsportWA2015-06-11 12:44

    Looks like I should be able to use any hydraulic oil for the hydraulic system, but need to use specific oils for the transaxle and shuttle. That's what I'll plan to do.

  2. #2Delmer2015-06-11 17:41

    Stick with an AW grade hydraulic oil. Don't go for the super cheap "universal tractor fluids". $40/ 5gal bucket minimum around here.

  3. #3DualsportWA2015-06-12 13:22

    Thanks Delmer- Now I'm planning on picking up some AW32 from Napa. $46./5gal.

  4. #4dixon7002015-06-15 03:16

    Phase 1 or 3 580k? I have a phase 3 and I'm gonna run this stuff in my transaxle. For hydraulics I just run tsc travellers premium tractor/trans fluid. I think I'm gonna try to find a hydraulic fluid at the local oil distributor that I got the transaxle fluid from. That stuff was $76 a bucket and the tsc stuff is like $46.