I think it may be the charge pump for the torque converter. I have checked all solenoids, working fine. Any ideas how to check this? Any diagrams of the system would help.
Welcome to HEF vinnyz! :drinkup A few questions for you - to help diagnose - Is oil level OK? Does any transmission oil leak on to the ground while parked? Is the oil clean - no trash or metal fleck in it? Is the driveshaft turning?
The oil level is good, no metal in the oil and no visible leaks. When shifting into forward or reverse, it jumps slightly but not like normal, and then nothing when you rev it.
You didn't mention the driveshaft....... Will it drive with 4WD engaged? It may have a broken axle. If 2wd only, raise the rear wheels off the ground & try turning the wheels by hand, if an axle is broken, the wheel will spin freely.
Thank Alrman. The drive line from the transaxel to the torque converter does turn when in gear, but very slow. I checked as you sugglested and I don't believe it is the axel.
I can't recall if the driveshaft goes lazy, if the transmission cut-out is engaged. I have seen the cut-out solonoid get jammed with trash & sieze the valve into the neutral position. So even though the electrics are OK & the valve is clicking , it is not working correctly. If the valve checks out to clean & working correctly, its possible you have a pump or convertor problem. Be sure the hose clamps on the suction pipe between the transaxle & convertor are tight. I have seen these get worn through from rubbing on the chassis & create cavitation (sucking air) problems before also.
Good idea thank you. Can you tell me where the solenoid is. The button is on the bucket controller. Sorry I don't have a repair manual.
Remove the floor plate to gain access & it is right on top of the transaxle. The cut-out valve is circled. There are 2 different types of control valve - does yours have the external tube as shown?
I am not sure. I will dig in and take a look.