Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580k year ID help?

Henryjr ยท 2015-06-08 19:52

I have a case 580k with a product ID of 17423558, can anyone help me with figuring out the year so i can order a book for this? Thank you!

Replies3
  1. #1sheepfoot2015-06-08 21:13

    You will need the first service manual, your machine is a 87/88 year build. Your manual needs to have the phase 1 trans and the power shuttle F/R mounted to the bell housing, you have the 4 speed gear shift lever in the floor.

  2. #2Henryjr2015-06-09 06:26

    Thank you Sheepfoot

  3. #3DualsportWA2015-06-09 11:54

    Very good machine- I have one, and specifically bought it because of the simplified design- Phase I transaxle, mechanical linkage for shuttle shift, exposed parking brake (disk), etc. I just put a 42" bucket on the back and am *amazed* at the digging power - with our soft dirt, it's like having a small excavator!