Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Solution for the 580K bent bucket blues

DualsportWA ยท 2015-06-08 08:55

It seems like the Case 580K bucket top edge/lip is not built real strong- or people frequently do stupid stuff, or both. When I bought my 580K, the bucket was bent badly from someone yanking on something with the giant hook that's welded there. So for a while I've been scheming and collecting the assortment of crap needed to straighten this sucker out. After learning the hard way that my I-Beams and jack needed to be chained in place, we had a successful push - now I'm ready to weld on the hooks for the forks I just picked up!

Replies3
  1. #1CatToy2015-06-08 09:23

    That looks like some kind of tractor bucket torture device, but it all is well that ends well.

  2. #2Juskatla2015-06-08 11:51

    Good fix. A couple of hooks welded on near the outside top corners of the bucket would spread the load and reduce the chance of bending the top at the centre when lifting heavy stuff on the single point. I have seen reinforcements added to the top but some look pretty ugly.

  3. #3hookedondiesel2015-06-09 05:05

    Amazing, nice work.