Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580L Backhoe Transmission Issues

jaygore57 ยท 2015-02-11 16:02

I have a 580L Case backhoe that all at once stopped pulling forward. Reverse is fine. Reverse to forward shifting gets about 5 seconds of forward movement before the machine quits pulling forward. Transmission fluid change and new filter produced the same results. Any ideas??

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2015-02-11 19:18

    Welcome to HEF jaygore57! I am assuming you have the Carraro shuttleshift transmission? If so, I have discussed this problem a number of times before - please look HERE - it will link you to a couple more threads. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask here, & by all means let us know how you go & what you have found.

  2. #2El Hombre2015-02-11 23:32

    If we didn't have tranny failures, hardly anyone would be posting. That seems the one area that was either seriously abused by the operator or seriously under engineered from the factory. Never would have guessed that would be the weak point....