Fuel gauge was not working when I got this backhoe a year ago. I have traced the wiring and there seems to be a section, about 18" long, missing in the wiring harness. The wiring crosses over from the fuel tank side to the side console by crossing at the rear axel. On each side of the axel there is a push together type connector just hanging there. Same color as the wires coming out of the fuel sending unit. Is there a short jumper that connects the left side fuel sending unit harness to the right side harness? I would love to have a wiring diagram for this backhoe but can not find one in the internet. Does the repair manuels have wiring diagrams that show wire colors and connection points? Thanks for any help, Floyd in Texas
i have an original service manual for my 580se and it has large detailed fold out diagrams of the wiring. i would guess the same would hold true for yours. take care if you buy a cd version from ebay or anywhere, in my experience the large diagrams are not scanned at a high enough resolution for them to be useful.