Are my water and oil temp gauges working? They move slightly when the tractor is at operating temp but not enough to mean anything. Anyone possibly know what the problem could be? First pic is cold, 2nd is running at operating temp.
I would check for a bad temp switch and a bad oil temp switch. Because it looks like the water temp switch went up a little bit. But I would check those 2 first.
Any idea how to check em?
thermostat could be stuck open for the temp gauage issue thats what was wrong with my 580e
Better check that fuel gauge too. lol
I woukld bet that the cluster itself is junk my other machine had problems with it this machine i have has problems with it .It be nice with individual gauges for service if one is bad this way you have to pay mega bucks to get a ne cluster.
As far as the oil temp that is for transmission temp. Unless you are loading alot and stalling the converter it will register low most of the time. You engine temp problem could bad a bad thermostat, sender,gauge or wiring problem. Take the wire off of the sender and the gauge should read cold, ground the wire and the gauge should go to hot. If it does work like this then it is the thermostat or the sender. If it doesnt than the problem is in the gauge or the wiring. Also the gauges are replacable as individual gauges and also you can get the printed circuit separatly.
Yeah, it just costs so much to to make it point where it needs to!
Your Water temp should be at the 1/4 mark there. Trans temp, long story short, I only once saw on our Super L, the guage barely move and heat up during a snow storm. Otherwise I dont think it ever heated up. I think the water temp gauge would give you better clues if something is wrong with the cluster.
Thermostat had a thin piece of rubber wedged in it holding it open. Everything is fine now gauge points at the first green mark. Seems like it runs a little better too.