Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580L transmission control lever

Not just holes · 2024-07-10 11:29

Does anyone know how to test the case 580L transmission control lever? Mine shows constant continuity between all four pins no matter what position it’s placed in. I have the service manual but can’t find anything in it about the lever/switch itself. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Not just holes2024-07-10 13:17

    Update. Although the tester showed continuity the ohm meter actually does show changes in resistance so I’m guessing the lever itself isn’t the problem.

  2. #2alrman2024-07-14 16:01

    Welcome to HEF @Not just holes Have you solved your problem on this yet? What exactly is the machine doing / not doing? I'm assuming this is a shuttleshift model?

  3. #3Not just holes2024-07-14 16:52

    Well, it drove home with a jumper wire in place of the shuttle lever/switch so I’m assuming it’s the trouble. New one on the way. Thanks