Hi Everyone, I have a CASE 580LE Backhoe that is blowing alot of oil out of the breather. We have replaced the oil rings and the turbo and the problem persists,and gets worse when the backhoe is at operating temperature. Any advice on what is the cause and how to fix it would be appreciated.
Dad had a 580 in the 70's that was doing this He had an inframe overhaul done and its still had some crankcase pressure. Dad got to looking and the rubber hose to the breather was creased.
It sounds like you are getting excess blowby from compression leaking past the piston rings and it is carring oil out with the airflow. If you have access to a manometer you can run a crankcase blowby test and confirm it. What engine does this machine have in it? If the crankcase test comes back in spec it could have a baffle that has come apart depending on what engine you have.
Thanks for the replies. I will check the breather hose. I'm not sure what engine it has, i know it is a 4 cylinder cummins though. Our step was to do a compression test.