Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580m

Warren Hixson · 2014-09-03 10:57

Good Morning folks I have a case 580m . My problem is the machine will not go forwards or reverse ,I cant afford a mechanic and just got a job to make some cash finally. I have changed all fluids and filters,and checked all fuses and relays can anyone please help me .

Replies1
  1. #1fpgm042014-09-03 22:36

    Warren, Welcome to the forum. If you could provide some more details, perhaps the knowledgeable people on this forum can assist you. Do you have a 580m series 2 or series 3 machine? Do you have a Powershuttle or Powershift transmission? Have you confirmed that the clutch disconnect switch on the loader handle is not stuck down or damaged? As you say you have checked the relays, can you clarify how you did this? My initial bet is you have a problem with the shuttle interlock timing relay or clutch disconnect circuit, but I am wondering how you checked the timing relay? Fundamentally a starting point is to determine if you have an electrical or transmission issue. So for example have you checked for power at the forward/reverse solenoids when the associated FNR switch position is selected? Do you have a service manual with schematics? Above all, BE SAFE ! Make sure everyone is out of harm’s way when you are troubleshooting a driveline issue. If you can provide some specific information, generally there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum who can assist.