Hi I'm new here so hello to everyone. I'm trying to find out if the solenoid valve on top of a CAT fuel pump (3264635) is available on its own. It's round and yellow the one I have has a part number on it 312-5620 but no one can make sense of that number.The valve leaks diesel through its self and out through the electrical connection.Once this happens starting engine becomes problem.I have replaced complete pumps before but can't understand why this part is not available off shelve.Any help would be great.
3125620 is a good part number but Cat don't stock it as a for sale item. AFAIK, the pump is a Cat/Perkins CR200. Try your perkins dealer and askthem to look at an 1100 series engine, but no guarantees on this as my Perkins information is sketchy.
312-5620 Solenoid As - NSS (Not sold separately) not in the Cat system at least. As CM says a Perkins dealer might be your best bet.
Probably something they claim has to be installed at the factory. I remember the logger that wanted a new throttle cable for his excavator, this was in the beginning of computerization, had an electric servo unit controlled engine speed. Cable got frayed and he wanted to replace it. NSS. Cost him six or seven hundred bucks because a hydraulic line had rubbed up against that cable! Factory said the cable had to be "timed" at the factory.
Thanks guys will try Perkins in morning.
Might try a fuel pump shop, too.
Found parts drawing I have posted so people in future can identify part hope I help someone. I require part 8. Part number 248-1064.
DMG, I did some looking on my Cat SIS and it shows 248-1064 as the solenoid valve grp. with NA next to it. They do show 286-1511 SOLENOID AS (FUEL SHUTOFF) but when I checked on price and availability for that number it comes back "Indirect Replacement Contact Dealer"
Same here, but it doesn't say what the replacement Part Number is - only about $20 though.
hello, where you guys able to find a dealer for that solenoid after all?
Caterpillar does not sell the 248-1064 or the 286-1511. It is a very simple unit that does not require calibration. I happen to have some if you are interested ( supplies limited ). Contact me if you are interested mosaicmachines.com .