Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580m

pinstar57 · 2024-09-23 19:47

my backhoe was working fine did and filter and fluid change had a tough time of getting machine to pick up fluid have all the fuctions but has no digging power tanks billy

Replies22
  1. #1Legdoc2024-09-23 21:28

    I did a complete hydraulic service in my 580M and initially could not get the pump to pick up the fluid. I applied a few PSI of air to the fluid filler neck and the pump took over. 580M Is the last of the dirt simple no electronic crap hoes, other than instrument panel. Great machines.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-09-24 00:38

    Try turning the engine over a few times for 15-20 seconds without starting it. Let the starter cool between the tries. That's what it says to do in the manual for my skid steer after replacing major components.

  3. #3pinstar572024-09-24 16:49

    My machine only has 7hundred hours I just can’t believe the pump had took dump

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-09-24 23:41

    Was the pump inlet flooded when you went to start it? I'd think it would be with reservoir full but maybe not. A little air like Legdoc suggested might be all it needs.

  5. #5Bootheal2024-09-25 09:55

    With pressure on the hydraulic tank, would a function operating (like steering or a large cylinder) possibly help?

  6. #6Tinkerer2024-09-25 10:08

    Might be a problem with the bypass valve that is in in the loader valve. One of the pros like Coy, Melben or gggrham would know more about it than ever will.

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2024-09-26 10:52

    When you drain the hyd. tank on these machines and refill you have to pressurize the tank for the pump to pick up oil again. The tank is actually lower than the pump, if you start and run the machine it will damage the pump and you will have to replace it. There is a plug in the back of the tank in the battery box that I always plumbed a ball valve and connected air hose to and put about 10-15 psi to charge tank before starting machine.

  8. #8pinstar572024-09-26 11:35

    I put more that 20 lbs air in the tank is there anything that would damage are stick

  9. #9Tinkerer2024-09-26 11:55

    Can you explain what "damage are stick" means ? Did you apply the air pressure before you started the engine after draining the tank ? Do you have the Operators Manual for your tractor ? Priming the pump is explained in it. It is not in the service manual.

  10. #10pinstar572024-09-26 14:57

    after i stared the engine a couple time

  11. #11pinstar572024-09-26 15:00

    two much air pressure maybe caused a vavle to stick are damaged one

  12. #12Tinkerer2024-09-26 19:10

    Probably damaged the pump. Check the output pressure. If it isn't up to specs and there is no air in the oil ---Remove the hydraulic filter and cut it open. Unfold the pleats and look for shiny stuff.

  13. #13Welder Dave2024-09-26 19:38

    20 PSI is too much. 10 is about the max. but 5 or 6 PSI is the ideal pressure. All you need to do is put positive pressure to push the oil to the pump inlet. Turning the engine over without starting could help prime the pump without damaging it too. That's what it says to do in the manual for my skid steer when replacing components and draining the reservoir. If your inlet isn't flooded pressurizing the tank is paramount to priming the pump.

  14. #14pinstar572024-09-27 04:35

    Any ideal which valve could be stuck

  15. #15Tinkerer2024-09-27 09:13

    I need to correct some wrong info I posted. Changing the hydraulic oil and filter is explained in the Operators Manual. I have one. Charging (priming) the hydraulic pump after changing the oil and filter is covered in the Service Manual. I have the series III service manual. I still think you need to check the pump output pressure before looking elsewhere for a problem. There is a load sensor in the pump that could be the problem.

  16. #16pinstar572024-09-27 10:46

    I have it only had around 800 to a thousand ant 2000 rpm working the front bucket

  17. #17pinstar572024-09-27 10:46

    200 lbs at idle

  18. #18Tinkerer2024-09-27 10:56

    Should be 3000 PSI at 2200 rpms. Take notice of what the pressure should be at the main relief valve. Do you have the service manual ???

  19. #19pinstar572024-09-27 11:18

    No I need one just purchased this machine

  20. #20pinstar572024-09-27 11:21

    You have a picture of all the port locations

  21. #21Tinkerer2024-09-27 12:09

    Send me your email address in a private conversation. I will send you an invitation to download it from my Google Drive. Keep in mind my manual is for the series III model. I do not know which model you have. The procedures for the hydraulics should be the same or similar. Notice that there is a section for pilot and mechanical controls for the hydraulics.

  22. #22pinstar572024-09-27 12:45