I'm new to this site and new to owning my own equipment, but have been around it my entire life. My dad was a heavy equipment operator for 20 years, then he started his own construction company and still runs dozers, hoes, skid steer, etc. to this day. I have run several machines over the years but never enough to be mistaken for a professional. Anyway, I have a small farm and decided I needed some equipment to maintain it other than my farm tractors. I was undecided between a backhoe or a skid steer and mini excavator combo. I found a deal I liked on a backhoe and jumped on it. So presently, I am the owner of a 2011 Deere 410J TC. It was low hours, came with 3 digging buckets, and in great shape. Plus they delivered for free. Anyway, the last backhoe I ran was an old school full manual machine. None of these fancy electronics. I have figured most out, but one that I can't figure out is the load level indicator switch. First, what is the purpose of the switch? I understand when both lights are on, it means the bucket is level, but is there a reason you would ever turn this switch off? Secondly, is there a way to adjust where it thinks level is? Currently the front edge of the bucket is about an inch low so it's digging. I would like this to actually be level. And no I didn't get a manual with the machine but have one on order. If anybody could help me I would appreciate it.
Welcome to HEF floyd . Just to clarify, on the machine serial # tag , does it start with T0410TJ ? If so,while waiting for your order you have the option to download a free copy of the Operators Manual for that TMC machine from the Deere bookstore. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com
I appreciate the info. I have an operation and service manual on it's way to me, but it wont be delivered until Oct.
I didn't realize I could read it online. This is awesome. Thank you