Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580m non turbo rebuilt engine inj pump and injectors

mahan44 ยท 2013-03-15 10:31

:Banghead backhoe has excessive black smoke under any kind of a load at start no smoke while moving around black smoke going into a pile of rock a lot of black smoke seems to not have as much power everything rebuilt top to bottom 20 hours on engine . thanks for any info

Replies12
  1. #1Tinkerer2013-03-15 12:56

    Did it just start doing this ? Or ever since the first time you started it after the overhaul ? Did you check the air filters ?

  2. #2mahan442013-03-15 13:02

    580m IT has done this ever since I put the engine in 2 weeks ago

  3. #3mahan442013-03-15 13:08

    the other engine threw a rod threw the block this engine is a different block and injector pump and injectors a place by the name hagan tractors rebuilt this engine and pre run it

  4. #4Tinkerer2013-03-15 14:09

    Be patient, others that know more than I do will be reading this thread. If it smokes real bad under a load, but does not when no load is on it, that sounds like there is a problem with the injector pump. Have you contacted Hagen ? I read on their web site that when they re-manufacture a complete engine assembly both the injector pump and injectors are re-manufactured also. They also test run the engine one to three hours. Plus they keep a detailed report on file after running it. They didn't say if they run them on a dyno. If they didn't it is possible that the smoking problem didn't show up on the test stand. I realize you know this but others reading this thread need all the info that is available to help you.

  5. #5mikebramel2013-03-15 14:54

    Pump is out of time

  6. #6mahan442013-03-15 15:48

    thank you

  7. #7mahan442013-03-15 15:51

    that's what I kind of thought but was not to sure I can not move the pump no room to advance

  8. #8mahan442013-03-15 15:56

    that's what I was thinking no room to advance the pump the only way I think would be to pull the front cover to see if its on a/b/c marks on the gear what do you think

  9. #9Tinkerer2013-03-15 16:08

    Be careful you don't void your warranty. If you have other problems later on that are not related to the pump / timing problem it will be obvious you had the front cover off. If it were me I would contact Hagen Tractor and find out how to proceed with the repair.

  10. #10mahan442013-03-15 17:12

    Thanks thats what i will do monday

  11. #11Dickjr.2013-03-15 19:43

    Sounds like the pump is set for turbo engine with all the excess smoke.

  12. #12RMB2013-03-20 15:54

    Is it 580M series 1 , 2 or 3? I have 2 580 M series 2 (IVECO engine )without turbo and we have to rebuilt and change injectors