Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland and Case 580M loader backhoe similarities

Hawssie ยท 2013-03-15 02:10

I am aware that CNH company owns both Case and New Holland brands, My question is really with the difference between loader arms of a Case model 580M and the equivalent model New Holland was putting out during the same time period. (i am not really sure what model that was) I am looking at a set of Loader arms to purchase. see pic. They are badged with a New Holland sticker but they look to be the same type as used on a 580M. They have the cast links that look and are shaped just like the Case. The linkage also looks the same as a Case style with the trunnion mounted bucket cylinders. The arms themselves look identically shaped. The arms do not look like the newest style arms now offered on the newest Case Loaders as it is a welded arm. I never really looked into what is different between the two brands. I always assumed the New Holland was just an updated Ford design but that may have changed in the last 12-15 years.I would like to buy these arms if they are the same as a Case 580M. The seller describes them as for a 580M as well. (Forget the picture unfortunately it looks like I am not allowed to post pictures) Thanks for any input. Nick

Replies3
  1. #1Deere500a2013-03-15 02:22

    New Holland 80 looks like a yellow Case 570 skip loader. Can't think of a hoe #. Good luck

  2. #2bowen2013-03-15 06:08

    Some Case parts that you order have a longer part number and I have been told that these are actually New Holland/Ford parts. The Case parts diagrams may not show the new numbers, but when you order them they will tell you this part has been "changed to xxxxxxxxxxx." I have no idea if this info would include the part you need, but a dealer might be able to tell you.

  3. #3Hawssie2013-03-15 14:22

    Now that I look at the U80C currently being offered by NH it does look like it has the current arm style offered to the Case line up. So it makes sense that an older version of the NH U80 would have the older version of Case loader arms, which is what the 580M has. (Thanks Deere 500A!)Now I will look at the next older version of the NH skip Loader(not backhoe loader)and see what those arms look like. I was thrown off by the NH Backhoe lineup as they seem to have have a totally different style of loader arm.