Hey Guys...... When I start it, it immediately over revs....so I shut it down immediately. Could the throttle be stuck? It had been sitting for a couple of months.....I'm in the desert and recently it's over 100 degrees. Anyway, yesterday I tried to start it and it started up but then died. It would keep running if I gave it a lot of throttle, but if I let off it would die......and had a hard time starting also. I decided to let her rest for awhile, and I went out today and when she started she went immediately into over rev mode..... Any thoughts? PS. This is a 2006 580M Backhoe Thank you.........z
Which inj. pump?? Bosch Ve or Cav DPA..?? Its rare that a VE runs away unless its just loaded w/ water & rust.. The DPA WILL run up on the gov. w/ a stuck metering valve & are VERY PRONE to rust/water.
Thank you for the info! Posted a pic below........... Checked the throttle linkage and it seems to be working. SO.....take it apart?..........bang on it? Btw.....your join date is my bdy.......fwtfw......lol z
I bought it from a guy in Pennsylvania.......it has a LOT of rust...replaced all the filters, fluids, etc......the exhaust manifold is really rusted......haven't got the chance to dig into replacing it......guess I'll be replacing/rebuilding an injector pump instead.....lots of fun looks like......lol.......unless there's an easier way to fix it........ She was running fine earlier....for several months.....maybe cause I let her sit too long w/o starting her up? PS. She's in the desert now, so rust isn't a problem for her anymore......
Free advice, send pump to thepumpguysc. He does a good job & he'll even take a bad check for payment. Joe H
That's a Bosch VE pump.. so RUST is at the top of the list.. OR that bulbous lookin thing on the side.. the cold start devise.. has exploded internally.. {very common} Its not advisable to take it apart.. once u start loosing parts, some can only be replaced as "assemblies".. & can be costly.. U could remove the solenoid on the CSD & see if u see metal around the stem of the sol. or in the housing. & u could remove the return connector & see if its rusted or has rust on the threads.. & btw, it should rattle if u shake it.. theres a piston inside of it.. SO, metal on the CSD sol or hsg.. & rust on the outlet bolt threads..
Ok.... That was hilarious!!!
OK......Thank you! ....I'll check those things.........What do you recommend? They got some on EBay for not that much money.....fwiw........ z
There is a small seal that could be leaking fuel into the diaphragm on the top of that pump, sending fuel to the intake uncontrollably. It will require specialised repair skills...... hopefully by a fuel technician with a calm aura
Z.. what are u talking about, "not that much money"?? I'm seeing 2000.00.!!??
Send it to the pump guy................. Joe H
Do yourself a favor and PM thepumpguy for rebuild appt. !
Alrman.....Inside that square thing on top with 4 bolts, right.....one of em is a security allen, but I think I have one of those..... There's also something on the bottom right that could be removed........and the big hose that goes into the left side. Thinking that anything I can check w/o pulling it (which seems to be a bear...Kodiak type....lol)...is preferable. I just did a quick check on EBay and saw prices of $500 or so.......but probably the wrong kind. Just want to thank you guys for the ideas..........and if it needs a rebuild, I can go with the pump guy.......pretty sure I have a few bad checks lying around........lol.... Bottom Line is it needs to be done, and needs some money thrown at it.......working on that part. Fwiw, I'm halfway decent at mechanical stuff....rebuilt a 350 engine, a tranny, and replaced cylinder sleeves and the drive pinion/gear on an old 580B I used to have........Not looking forward to pulling this pump though....older I get the less I wanna do........lol z
Before you pull it make sure TPG gives you some guidelines. You will need to pin the gear before you pull that pump so you don't have a mess later.
IF you think your getting fuel ON TOP OF the diaphragm..{highly unlikely} Just pull the boost line on the pump & start the engine & rev it or run it threw the yard a minute.. IF its a blown diaphragm, the hole where the hose went will be wet.. & dripping..