Main fault code I’m getting (3218) -general short circuit on electric cable…occurrence-250 times Two new recent fault code(past couple hours) 4214 & 4212 1,2,3,4 gears sensor input voltage too high For the past six months sometimes backhoe would bog down upon elevation. I would turn it off turn it back on and everything would resume back to normal but the past couple of days it will just continually bog down about 60 seconds after I start running it. What are you guys thinkn?
Sounds like the hydraulic power is being robbed for something else. Any auxiliary functions on or activated?
I keep the 4X4 off 95% of the time, my backhoe does not have a cab
Also… the 3218 codes happens everytime the backhoe Boggs down
Voltage too high most likely you lost ground to your transmission. Hydraulic bogging down - whatever you have operated by solenoid only, gets shorted to B+ and activates. If your machine anything like my customers - your plastic pretty much destroyed, wiring harnesses lost its support, chafing on metal parts in multiple places. Plastic on those 580-ies terribly horrible.
And now you have injector shorting out. I bet there’s nothing we with injector, it’s a harness problem
Thank you for everyone so far…I made an error when describing the main fault code (3218)…. The fault code on the service Manuel actually says… Fault code (3218)—Bank 2, general short circuit on *INJECTOR CABLE*
That’s what I thought
So what do you think? Just take a flashlight and look at all of the injector wire harness and see if any mice have been chilling at them?
Backhoe works just fine if I’m not driving it
I think your engine and transmission mount might be shot, that’s why harness doing crazy things, while you driving. Engine do not move while you doing “hydraulic work”, because toque is between transmission and the hydraulic pump. It moves and torques while you driving. So start investigating where that harness is rubbing on something, while engine is torquing
What is the best site for case parts or do you have to go through a dealer?
Try Messics
Is that how yours looks also . Railroad people own this junk! All their Cases look like that. They have one JD310SG - plastic looks good on that!
They called today with none of the accelerator not responding on N model - that doesn’t surprise me a bit, plastic and harnesses looks on that one same as on this one.
haha wow! yea mine definitely has all of the panels attached, although I probably should remove them to see if any critters have found a new home to nest in.
Take some pride people! Lol
Wow! Rode hard and put a way wet, doesn't even come close to the case of that N. Coming soon to a Ritchie Bros auction near you.
They use hammers on those a lot. Case plastic just can’t hold up to that. JD is fine. But yes - it’s atrocious to keep equipment like that. Interestingly - they take care of their portable air compressors. And most of the time the compressors that get neglected, but not with these guys. Go figure.