Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland 555e access to hoses under cab

technicalspeed · 2025-01-25 22:15

I have blown a hose that operates the extend a hoe and also a hose that actuator the front bucket. They are both under the cab and above the rear axle. I do not see any good way to access these. I don't see any access panels in floor. What is best course of action here?

Replies9
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-01-26 07:50

    If you can get access to, you may have to make access. Pull up mat and cut floor sections out has been done before and will help in future if you frame it a little and screw it back. What if you take a rear tire off? There has to be a way.

  2. #2Swetz2025-01-26 12:27

    I spent hours laying under my 675E to replace 1 hose that blew. Yes, in the woods laying on dirt and stone which had lots of oil in in. Was sore for a week...LOL Anyhow, the best was to access is to remove the cab, says NH. I am with HarleyHappy, cut an access where needed. Thats my plan next time.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-01-26 14:29

    When I redid my floor in my Case 580 SE I did it in 2 pieces and that lasted a year till I needed to get to one of the main hydraulic lines to the backhoe valve block. I took the seat out, tried my best to not cut into the frame for the cab. After I was done, I welded in a few pieces of 2” by 1/4” flat bar I had from scrap. Put the floor piece I cut back in with some self tapping flat heads. If I ever need to get to something else, I will do the same. This spring, I may cut out a section for the loader control rods and clevises as I think that is my issue with the float being so sloppy to get in. At my age and condition, I hate working overhead and eating sparks, shavings and oil.

  4. #4cosmaar12025-01-26 19:58

    I had to replace a bucket hose under the cab last summer as well. I didn’t remove the cab and honestly had plenty of access. If I would have removed the rear tire it would have been a lot easier, but I’m a thin build person so it was a matter of squeezing in between the tire and wheel well to tighten the one end. Just plan out what you are doing and be a little limber. I should note, I also have a 555E.

  5. #5aighead2025-01-27 06:41

    For us laymen- what is a good way to remove a back tire and have the ability to put it back on? Anyone have a solution for that? I assume they weigh significantly more than I do... I assume drop a stabilizer, if possible, then chock it up good, but then? Need a forklift or hoist of some variety? Maybe a well designed jack platform? I've seen you guys using pallet jacks, which seems like a decent solution..

  6. #6HarleyHappy2025-01-27 07:25

    I just took off my rear tires and put new rubber on and I did them myself. With the stabilizers its extremely easy to get the perfect height and angle to get the tires on and off. Now if they are loaded tires, that gets a bit heavy. Pallet jacks on pavement or concrete are beautiful, especially if they are narrow. It’s really not that hard. They only weigh a couple of hundred pounds, not that much.

  7. #7Swetz2025-01-27 10:17

    I have installed and removed many rear tires on a hoe with the stabilizers and a shovel. Shovel goes under the tire in order to slide it slightly. Stabilizer controls to line it up, and wala. Don't let the tire fall down. Lean it so it stays up. PITA to get back up without help.

  8. #8aighead2025-01-27 12:48

    Hmm, I'da (obviously) thought it'd be trickier! You guys are real men though, so that may be part of it.

  9. #9cosmaar12025-01-28 21:27

    I used the boom to help me. Including the stabilizer to get the height. My new tire was about 4-5 inches taller than the bald one I took off