Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SE

timcon ยท 2011-06-14 11:56

I have a case 580se that has not run for about three years. The motor will not turn over for a complete revolution. I have removed the injectors and used a penetrating oil in each cylinder. Valves seem to be ok none are stuck. Do you think there could be rust build up in one cylinder that is stopping the piston from making a complete revoulution. Thanks Tim

Replies2
  1. #1tool_king2011-06-14 21:15

    it could be locking engine up.how are hard does it feel when you try to rotate crank by hand.

  2. #2timcon2011-06-15 08:11

    I am using a pry bar to turn it over. It stops dead when I get to the same spot. I am thinking water got into the cylinder and has caused a rust edge that stops the cylinder from going any farther. I am letting the penetrating oil sit for a day and see if that helps dissolve the rust.