Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

fake case backhoe

hiluxman ยท 2011-06-14 22:23

found this posted it becuse weve al seen the fake cat dozers from china here is a case backhoe http://en.beijingxlhj.com/CHANGLIN-WZ30-25C-photogallery and they have taken there skid steer desings to http://en.beijingxlhj.com/FORWAY-FW850-skid-steer-loader-photogallery and some one else to http://en.beijingxlhj.com/XIAGONG-XG3090-skid-steer-loader-photogallery

Replies17
  1. #1Adobe Machine2011-07-19 17:35

    They are not dumb,it takes a lot less work(and $$$) to copy a proven design than to start with a clean sheet...just look at the machine tool business,There are only Two (2) large cnc machining center (lathe and mills) manufactors left in the USA,and one is failing right now, the other one, the owner ,just got out of Federal prison because of a fight with the IRS. Adobe Machine (old as dirt)

  2. #2DirtIsMyName2011-07-19 19:36

    A lot of factories have been crated and shipped to china from the US and Japan. Those "fake" CASE backhoes may have been built under the supervision of CASE. They now sell more new cars in china than in the US and wouldn't be surprised to find out they sell more new backhoes also.

  3. #3JS580SL2011-07-19 21:33

    Ive seen a large sewer contractor in the area using a Liugong however you say it, excavator similar to a cat 307. Think it was a demo, they had it a while though. Another sewer contractor I heard was trying out their loaders. A friend of mine who hauled for them said the guys claimed they had power but much rather stayed in their cat loaders. Give us one of them fake Case hoes, we'll find out what their made of real quick.:usa

  4. #4fast_st2011-07-20 13:50

    I love the employee parking lot, 1 suv, 200 bicycles.

  5. #5Leon Phelps2011-07-20 14:33

    cracks me up to think that someone thinks they can truly own technology. somewhere a caveman is thinking he got screwed over that wheel thing.

  6. #6farmerleach2011-07-20 14:47

    My old room mate's dad use to import skidsteers, and quads from china. The quads were basically a 2000 model year honda with some different plastic, apparently they had bought all the old tooling from honda, and kept on making them. Weather thats true or not I don't know. But with the skid steers, they seemed like a solid unit. I don't know who made them, as in if they were a copy or if they were an original design. But the price on these things is stupid cheep. Was looking at a new case and they are somewhere between 45 and 55 thousand, these units under 30 thousand. These were simularly spec'd machines. the one problem is parts and service. Your on your own pretty much. Heres a link if you want to see what they look like and the specs http://www.dirtboss.ca/Product JC60.htm

  7. #7Abscraperguy2011-07-21 01:12

    The story I've been told about those quads is this. Honda hired a company in China to build quads and small engines for them. Once they had been running for awhile the Chinese said screw Honda and sold the same machine themselves. Virtually all new pressure washers, small water pumps, generators, etc sold at auctions these days have black market Honda's. Even North American companies such as Easy Kleen pressure washers are using black market Honda engines. The reason this is going on is because the Chinese won't respect patents. On the plus side a Canadian company by the name of Canada Goose got an imitator thrown in jail and his stock seized for total patent disregard. I say avoid Chinese knockoffs at all costs for the following reasons 1. When you buy North American you're likely supporting an American engineer, an American craftsman, shucks even an American CEO and all those are paying tax to a free enterprise government. When you buy Chinese knockoffs you're supporting a Chinese spy (to steal our ideas and save the R&D), a Chinese craftsman, and a communist government. 2. Don't even think about getting parts or service. These Chinese outfits don't want to be bothered with that. 3. Buying Chinese knockoffs is like going back to the lawless wild west. Their workers get treated like garbage (this is improving) and laws such as patents or contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. 3. Safety features on equipment are window dressing only just enough to get into North America. Although I have no use for the lawyer/torte happy civilization we live in it brings a safety awareness culture in our local manufacturers that is not present in the Chinese. Although it may sound like I hate the Chinese I don't. I think we need to think about some of these things. Especially those producing fakes and knockoffs. I came very close to losing my eye to a knockoff Chinese chisel. It blew up like I have never seen a chisel blow up before or since. Those Chinese companies that produce there own designed products I say support them like you would any other world wide company.

  8. #8Greg2011-07-21 08:04

    Like I have said on here for quite some time. No matter what it is if it comes from china the quality is junk. I have been there many times, worked on industrial equipment they have purchased here for installation there and seen what they turn out first hand. The example of the chiesel mentioned above is just another example of it. Their steel is junk, castings from their foundries would be rejected in a heart beat from a domestic foundry here in the states and it goes on and on. Yesterday I even heard how they have altered design of brake rotors to save weight and not tell anyone about it.

  9. #9DirtIsMyName2011-07-21 12:36

    I just bought the biggest, most expensive set of snap-ring pliers from the local china tool store. First time I tried to spread a snap-ring a tip broke off and the pliers closed on my fingers leaving me cussing and hurting. They go back for a refund real soon. High stress and "made in china" are not a good mix.

  10. #10Onedakine2011-07-23 06:17

    Biggest probblem with china equptment is they don't have the same us standards so you just don't know what your getting. Could be a great machine.....or could be a total POS "Save America" buy Made in USA

  11. #11AU.CASE2011-07-23 08:02

    Yep, same in Australia, a buying Co-Op bought several containers (27) of cheap fertilizer from China, all were dirt, $300,000 AUD . Full story here.

  12. #12Greg2011-07-23 08:23

    Onedakine, It is not about standards. It is about quality and the chinese don't understand or care about it. Fertlizer, hand tools, steel, castings from foundries, you name it. It is ALL JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why there have been many cases of items manufactured there for customers here in the United States bringing that work back here to have it done properly.

  13. #13jeff1122011-07-25 14:58

    They even give you a junk tool kit to work on it, I can just smell that cheap plastic without even sitting in the cab,it reminds me of those expo shows you can just smell the junk, you don't even need to see the machine.

  14. #14alrman2011-07-25 17:32

    Fact is Gents, it's the way of the future & there is not much we can do about it. Sure, buy a brand new, "American assembled" Case backhoe, chances are a big percentage of the parts fitted to it come from China anyhow.:yup I use alot of genuine parts from Case & all of the packaging it comes in, tells you where the item was made & lots of it comes from China, - bearings, electrical components, etc Cummins now make & asssemble the B series engines, where? - China A couple of years back, I rebuilt a 6B & it needed a new crankshaft. Priced one from Case, Cummins, & a reputable aftermarket supplier. The after market supplier"s price was by far the cheapest - half that of Cummins - I was told it was genuine, so ordered it & went to collect. The crate it was in had a cummins logo & a heap of chinese writing on it ???? :eek2 Was then told the that this was the only place new cranks would come from. I rang a guy I know who works for Cummins to confirm exactly that. - Internet searches also confirm same. I then took that crank to a crankshaft specialist workshop & got them to do a full lot of tests on it - hardness, trueness, everything - They said it was as good as any of the German made cranks that they had ever seen. I fitted that crank & 2 yrs later - touch wood - with every day use ( in a crawler loader) it is still running fine. My opinion is there is probably good Chinese & cheaper Chinese - if they make stuff to order, they probably can make it exactly to spec, however if the buyer wants the price brought down they can also fill the need, with it affecting quality..........

  15. #15Deon2011-07-25 21:21

    Any one of us that us rechargeable power tools are probably using Chinese tools. Dewalt, Hitachi, Ryobi, Makita, Rigid and more all are manufactured in China and they are all good quality tools. Its the way it is now and we cannot change it, at least not for some years ahead.

  16. #16OmniEquipped2011-07-25 22:01

    The same type of marginalization was applied to post-war Japanese products. Now the Japanese set the standard for many industries, i.e. ATVs, Cars, etc. In general, China product quality has been considered sub-par, but so was Japan's initially. I would not buy a Chinese ATV as of today, but I will say the quality now is certainly better than it was 10 years ago. It will be interesting to see if the Chinese industry follows the same parallels as the Japanese.

  17. #17rampking2011-07-30 10:00

    Lol