Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580se control valve problems

Sean Byrne ยท 2023-08-04 19:18

Hello, I've had a Case 580se for a few years and have been living with various hydraulic problems. So far, I have not used the backhoe much, and that is where I see most of the issues. I have no experience with operating or repairing machines with hydraulic systems, so I am hoping to get some advice on what problems I may be looking at and the first round of troubleshooting these issues. In addition to filter and hydraulic oil change, I already rebuilt leaking cylinders and replaced weeping/leaking hoses, and the system was not losing any fluid. Recently, another hose started leaking, and an upcoming project has prompted me to go ahead and replace all suspect hoses and try to fix the various issues. Issues (before the current leaking hose): 1) Leak down in the backhoe bucket, extendahoe, and loader cylinders. 2) Backhoe swing left is very slow, but when I activate the boom lift while trying to swing left,t it speeds up to what I think is a normal speed. 3) When working the backhoe, I'll turn around a see the loader bucket all the way up. 4) I find coordinating boom and stick movement almost impossible; this could be me as an inexperienced operator. But it seems to me that adding a second input will have an inappropriately significant impact on the rate of the first input. 5) When I keep activating a control after reaching the travel limit, another element will start moving. For example, I pull on the boom lever, and once the boom stops at the top, the stick will start moving without touching that lever. I do have a copy of the shop manual. If I need specialty tools or test equipment, alternatives to Case brand tools would be appreciated since they seem expensive.

Replies1
  1. #1580bob2023-08-05 01:22

    both loader and hoe valves need complete rebuilds spool ,load check, secondary relief and other valves need redoing use only case o rings or it will all be for not they will be very expensive but worth doing it once