Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580SE engine rotating tool

Mike T ยท 2015-01-09 09:33

I have a Case 580SE backhoe with a Cummins 4-390 engine and I have been looking for an engine rotating tool. The one I'm wanting goes into the flywheel just behind the fuel pump and the Case dealer says it costs $174.38. The part # he gave me is 99360330. I have seen other tools like this one with different numbers for sale much cheaper. Does anyone have a lead where & what to buy that isn't so expensive & will fit my application?

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2015-01-09 12:38

    Not sure if these will work but worth a check. Check out this link: http://www.handsontools.com/OTC-7471A-Cummins-Engine-Barring-Tool_p_8244.html

  2. #2Mike T2015-01-09 16:56

    Thank you kshansen. I will.

  3. #3bowen2015-01-09 21:20

    I think that is the right one but this place may be cheaper. http://www.tooltopia.com/otc-tools-7471a.aspx Also a Snap On YA9565A tool like this may work. It uses a 3/8" ratchet vs a 1/2" http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?item_ID=641106&group_ID=675478